Documents to send to the Registrar’s Office

Regular students

First and foremost, it is important that you accept your offer of admission in monPortail, if you haven’t already done so. Soon after you accept your offer, you will get two emails: one from the Registrar’s Office explaining how to submit your legal documents and another from your faculty telling you how to enrol for courses. For any questions related to enrolment, please contact your program administration office.

When you arrive, you will need to jump through some mandatory administrative hoops to finalize your admission and enrolment for courses and in the health insurance plan.

Uploading your legal documents

You have to submit your study permit and your Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ – Québec acceptance certificate) to the Registrar’s Office as soon as you arrive. If you don’t complete your file by sending these in, it could have a serious impact on your studies.

Here is how to submit your legal documents for your first semester at Université Laval. What to do depends on your situation:

  • For students admitted in the winter 2022 semester or later: In monPortail, go to “Études” (Studies), and submit your study permit and CAQ under the “Admission”
  • For students admitted in the fall 2021 semester or earlier: Send an email to with your study permit and CAQ as attachments.

Exchange students

Exchange students cannot register through monPortail. Your faculty will register you for courses a few weeks before they begin. Upon arrival, you must submit your legal documents or proof of entry into Canada using the designated form. Visit our Web page on course registration for more information.

Once your arrive in Canada, you will need to provide the following documents:

  • A copy of your passport
  • Depending on your case:
    • A copy of your entry stamp indicating the arrival date
    • Your plane ticket or boarding pass including the date of your trip
    • A copy of your study permit, if requiered
    • A copy of you visitor record
    • A copy of your CAQ, if requiered

You cannot submit your documents prior to your arrival.

First step is to go to the Registrar’s Office to present your legal documents. You can go starting on:

  • Summer semester: from April 15
  • Fall semester: from August 15
  • Winter semester: from December 15

Check out the Registar’s Office opening hours and have a look on the interactive campus map (French only).

Submit these documents at the Registrar’s Office

  • Passeport
  • Québec Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ) (If you are taking part in an exchange program for more than 6 months)
  • Study permit (If you are taking part in an exchange program for more than 6 months)
  • Acceptance letter from Université Laval
  • Email you received with the subject “Avis de réception” (for exchange students)

You’ll therefore be assigned to a mandatory orientation and information session. During the session, you will get to understand better how Université Laval is organized and operates, and what orientation activities are available for you.

If you plan to arrive after the first day of class, you must take an agreement with your program administration office.