Workshops and conferences
Each semester, the Bureau de la vie étudiante offers many conferences on topics that might be of interest to you such as the adaptation process to Québec culture, how to dress for winter, income taxes, permanent immigration to Canada, and much more.
Most conferences are in French. To see the ones currently offered, visit the Ateliers et conférences section.
Here are the conferences offered in english:
This information session is brought to you by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and is aimed for students who wish, after their studies, to settle permanently in any other Canadian province (except Quebec) with the intention of being gainfully employed. The information presented in this information session is not for students who wish to immigrate to Quebec.
The topics are:
- Post-graduation work permit
- Express Entry system and different programs for immigration to Canada.
This presentation is for students who intend to immigrate in other provinces than Quebec.
Length: 75 minutes
More details to come..
You can download here the PowerPoint of the presentation
Did you know that as a temporary resident (person with a study or work permit) you probably have to file income tax return if you have lived in Canada during the current fiscal year?
Learn more on your rights and obligations by visiting the website or by showing up Canada Revenue Agency’s Income taxes information session.
Here are the topics that will be covered in the information session:
- Introduction to the Canadian tax system
- Determine your residency status
- Do you have to file a tax return?
- Most common deductions and credits for students
- Scholarship and tuition fees
- Canada Workers Benefit (CWB)
- Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB)
- How can you claim the GST / HST credit?
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Income Tax Assistance – Volunteer Program
- Online service – My Account
Do not miss this opportunity to get the right information.
Conference in English
Length: 60 minutes
Webinar / Wednesday, March 17th 2021 at 4 p.m.