Each semester, the Bureau de la vie étudiante offers many conferences on topics that might be of interest to you such as the adaptation process to Québec culture, how to dress for winter, income taxes, permanent immigration to Canada, and much more.
Most conferences are in French. To see the ones currently offered, visit the Conférences section.
Here are the conferences offered in english.
Post graduation work permit and possibilities to settle in another Canadian province
This information session is brought to you by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and is aimed for students who wish, after their studies, to settle permanently in any other Canadian province (except Quebec) with the intention of being gainfully employed. The information presented in this information session is not for students who wish to immigrate to Quebec.
The topics are:
– Post-graduation work permit
– Express Entry system and different programs for immigration to Canada. This presentation is for students who intend to immigrate in other provinces than Quebec.
Length: 75 minutes
Tuesday, October 29th at 7 p.m. (english)
Wednesday, October 30th at 10 a.m. (french)
Room 3111, pavillon Paul-Comtois
Income tax in Canada
Did you know that as a temporary resident (person with a study or work permit) you probably have to file income tax return if you have lived in Canada during the current fiscal year?
Learn more on your rights and obligations by visiting the website below or by showing up Canada Revenue Agency’s Income taxes information session.
Here are some of the topics that will be covered in the information session:
– Do you have to file an income tax return?
– What documents are required to file your return?
– Most common deductions and credits (refunds) for students
– How to report a scholarship on your tax return
– How can you claim the GST/HST credit (refund)?
– Benefits for individuals and families;
– International students in Canada (Introduction to the Canadian tax system and determine your residency status)
– Volunteer program (who can help you)
Do not miss this opportunity to get the right information.
Conference in English
Wednesday, March 25th 2020 at 7 p.m. / Room to be determinated