Associative and cultural life
Université Laval recognizes a number of international student associations. They are the perfect place to meet people from your region, lend or receive a helping hand, and swap experiences as you settle in to life at the university together. Also, around a dozen religious associations are also recognized by the university. Follow us on Facebook/vie étudiante to know some activities organised by those student association.
Students are also encouraged to get involved in faculty/departmental student associations and programs as well as the many extracurricular associations that bring the campus to life.
In addition to on-campus associations, Québec City is home to numerous ethnic communities with associations of their own, including Cambodians, Bulgarians, Chinese, Russians, Romanians, and Germans, to name but a few. Many organizations also exist to provide services to newcomers. They are listed on the Immigrant Organizations section on the Québec City website.
Québec City has a lively cultural scene. You can check the City of Québec’s website to find out about cultural, sports, and recreational activities. You’ll find a suggestions calendar (idées de sorties), information on activities in neighbourhood libraries, and hours and contact details for sports facilities (arenas, recreation areas, swimming pools, bike paths, tennis courts, gymnasiums, etc.) in the various districts.
To see a detailed Calendar of Cultural Events, see www.quoifaireaquebec.com (in French only).
Jean-Charles-Bonenfant Library includes a large number of feature films to discover Quebec culture. Here is our selection:
- Bon cop bad cop: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/1131461844
- Bon cop bad cop 2: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/1008877158
- Paul à Québec: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/1107747264
- La chasse-galerie: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/967867591
- La grande séduction: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/1131514565
- De père en flic: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/1131522711
- C.R.A.Z.Y: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/1131655617
- La guerre des tuques: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/1131661280
- Maurice Richard: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/1131494582
- 1987: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/904426160
- 1981: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/1131496808
- Nez rouge: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/1131544727
- Starbuck: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/1131675258
- Gaz bar blues: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/1131450079
- Les boys I: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/1131472910
- Les boys II: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/1131468366
- Les boys III: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/77365812
- Les boys IV: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/1131504723
- Tom à la ferme: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/903196799
- Mommy: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/905838670
- La passion d’Augustine: https://ulaval.on.worldcat.org/oclc/936140672
Quebec City is full of green areas, they are open all year round:
- Plains of Abraham
- Victoria Park
- Place des Canotiers
- Bois-de-Coulonge Park
- Domaine de Maizerets
- Corridors du littoral
- Parc de la chute Montmorency
- Saint-Charles River
- Parc de la Falaise
- Jacques-Cartier Beach