Moving to Quebec City
Are you an international student who wants to learn more about immigration and employment opportunities in Quebec City after your studies? Check out the Québec First portal!
Québec First is an initiative of Québec International, the economic development agency for Québec City provincial capital region. In partnership with the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI), Québec International offers special activities to help you in your socio-professional integration and permanent settlement in Quebec City.
- Visit the website quebecentete.com/studying-in-quebec-city to learn more about life and job in Québec City.
- Sign up to the activities calendar to stay informed about activities that are available to you.
- Join the Facebook group Québec en tête: Étudiants internationaux.
Ministère de l’Immigration de la Francisation et de l’Intégration
As an International Student you also have access to Accompagnement Québec, the Integration service offered by the MIFI. You can book an appointment with a Integration assistance agent online or by calling 418 646-1605 or 1 833 276-4667.
You can also consult the guide Settle and integrate in Québec.
“Living in Québec City” free guide
Québec International, in collaboration with Immigrant Quebec, offers a free guide available in 4 languages:
Québec City Organizations
Here are the main organizations offering services to immigrants in Québec City:
- Carrefour d’action interculturelle (CAI)
- Centre multiethnique de Québec
- Centre R.I.R.E. 2000
- Mieux-Être des immigrants
- Service d’aide à l’adaptation des immigrants et immigrantes (S.A.A.I.)
- Service d’orientation et d’intégration des immigrants au travail (SOIT)
- Voice of English-speaking Québec (VEQ)
In addition, the Sainte-Foy–Sillery–Cap-Rouge Immigration Committee has produced a map of services (in French) offered in the borough in which Laval University is located.