Home insurance

You don’t have to insure your furniture, apartment, or home, but it is strongly recommended. Otherwise, you may find yourself in a tight spot if you are the victim of a theft or fire. Furthermore, if you are responsible for a fire in the building where you live, you may be liable for any damages caused to the building and the other tenants’ property.

Brokers and private insurance companies offer a range of fire, theft, and civil liability coverage. Insurance brokers are professionals who provide free assistance in finding coverage best suited to your needs.

Insurance Bureau of Canada

Assurance Québec

Regroupement des cabinets de courtage d’assurance du Québec (RCCAQ)