Becoming a Buddy
You can apply to become a buddy if:
- You are an Université Laval student and you have completed at least one semester
- You are interested in other cultures and you would like to be involved in an intercultural project
- You want to help a new student deal with culture shock
- You are fluent in french
We ask student buddies to make themselves available a few hours a week during the first few weeks of the semester to help their partner get settled in and get to know the campus and the city.
As far as possible, students will be matched in accordance with the preferences they provide on their registration form. Buddies must attend a training session before they begin.
What you gain from the experience:
- A rewarding encounter with people from other culture
- A useful opportunity to prepare for your own international studies or internship project
- A way to act locally and think globally
- Enhanced awareness of intercultural and international issues
- International experience for your résumé
- A certificate of participation
The registrations for the Winter semester are now closed.
Information 418 656-2131, poste 404791 firstname.lastname@example.org